ARM + FPGA + Wireless + 154 I/O
+ What can I do with snickerdoodle?
Control robots with 3D vision. Fly drones with heads-up displays. Build 3D printers. Operate a remote weather station. Blanket a city in wireless beacons. The possibilities are endless.
All your favorite robot-friendly, open-source platforms are supported: Ubuntu Linux, ROS, FreeRTOS, you name it! And with an FPGA, the entire board is reconfigurable...via software! So not only can you add and customize your own I/O, hardware accelerators, and "soft" microcontrollers, but upgrading hardware in the field is as easy as pushing out a software update. Now that's what we call the Internet of Things...
+ What Makes Snickerdoodle Different?
Why not use a Raspberry Pi or BeagleBoard or Arduino? We're so glad you asked... If you are running Linux, hooking up a bunch of I/O, and need your system to be wireless, snickerdoodle is for you.
Here's some stuff you can do with snickerdoodle you simply can't do with other low-cost platforms:
- wirelessly control dozens of motors & sensors in real time
- add & customize tons of I/O (up to 179!)
- HD stereo machine vision & image processing
- Gigabit networking
- GPS-denied navigation
- accelerate complex algorithms by 10x via hardware
- remotely reconfigure hardware
Simply put: if you're SERIOUS about doing anything that involves robots, drones, computer vision, or automation, you NEED snickerdoodle.
+ Wait, I have more questions...
- Processor: 2x 667MHz ARM Cortex-A9 (or 866MHz)
- FPGA: 430K gates/17.6K LUTs (or 1.3M/53.2K)
- RAM: 1GB
- Flash: 16MB NOR + microSD
- Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz 802.11n SISO (or 5GHz 2x2 MIMO)
- Bluetooth: Classic & BLE
- I/O: (see BASEBOARD SPECS for more)
- Reconfigurable: 100 (or 125)
- Processor: 54x GPIO
- microUSB: console, 5V power
- Comms: SPI, I2C, CAN, UART,
JTAG, Gigabit Ethernet
- Power input: 3.7V to 17V
- Dimensions: 2in x 3.5in (50.8mm x 88.9mm)
snickerdoodle baseboards provide several functional apps right out-of-the-box. snickerdoodle baseboards & I/O / peripherals include:
- breakyBreaky breakout board
- 0.1" headers for snickerdoodle
- piSmasher SBC
- HDMI in/out, Gigabit Ethernet, USB, 68x reconfigurable I/O
- giggleBits hackable Gigabit Ethernet router
- 5x RJ45 1000Base-T GigE, gigabit SFP transceiver cage, 100x reconfigurable I/O, 802.1Qav A/V Bridging switch
supported open-source platforms
Maker | Education | Robotics | UAV | Industrial | Medical | Smart Manufacturing | IoT
Computer Vision | Motor Control | Remote Sensing| Software Acceleration | Artificial Intelligence